AFRL Objective in Hawaii
Air Force and State of Hawaii partnership established a National Demonstration Center at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam (formerly Hickam AFB) to facilitate demonstration / validation of the latest fuel efficient and environmentally compliant technologies for use in Air Force ground vehicle fleets, support equipment, base infrastructure, and basic expeditionary airfield resources.
- Partner organizations:
- AFRL provides program direction and funding;
- HCATT develops technologies through contracts with industry;
- 647th Logistics Readiness Squadron, JBPHH, operates and evaluates technology for future procurement decisions
- Lead hydrogen vehicle/infrastructure activity in Air Force.
- Opportunity for joint service projects.