Photovoltaic Array for H2 Station
A 156 kW photovoltaic array was installed to power the hydrogen station in 2009
- H2 is produced by solar power, deployable generator, or utility grid.
- Configuration efficiency based on NREL PV Watts website.
- 156kW PV array supports maximum load of station. The facility has consistently made improvements and has advanced current production capability to 68kg/day. This is enough hydrogen to refuel a fleet of 26 passenger vehicles currently in demonstration on Oahu.
- Solar energy placed on grid when station is not operation.
PV Accumulated Values as of Jan 2011
- PV array in operation for 25 months.
- 499MWh of energy produced to either make hydrogen or offset energy consumption on petroleum based power grid.
- 2,710kg of hydrogen produced since station opening in Nov 06; 1,815kg renewable hydrogen.
- Approximately $80,000 savings from grid offset (station not producing/dispensing hydrogen).
- Rated 156kW PV array actually produced 183kW peak power.