HTDC sponsors workshops and seminars, including presentations on topics relevant to business or technology. Topics include:
- Legal business structure
- Intellectual property issues including patents, trademarks, and copyrights
- Capital formation including grant writing, small business loans, seed capital through crowdfunding, investment banking, and pitching venture capital
- Public relations including branding, social media strategy, and authoring press releases
- Operational efficiency including lean principles, leasing real estate, project management, structuring incentives, and OSHA training
- Sales and marketing training including import/export, internet marketing, and entrepreneurial marketing
Incubation Services Seminars are open to HTDC Client Companies and the general business community. Many seminars are offered free of charge, but for those that are offered for a fee, HTDC Client Companies benefit from a reduced admission rate.
Client companies and the general business community are also invited to participate in events offered by HTDC's federal and business development programs such as the Hawaii SBIR and HTDC-MEP programs.
For information about other Hawaii tech industry events, HTDC also maintains an events calendar at www.HiTechHawaii.com.