FOR HAWAII TECH COMPANIES & MANUFACTURERS
(Updated September 18, 2020)
Here are pertinent information resources to assist our tech companies and manufacturing businesses.
If you have any comments, questions or want to share steps you are taking within your company, please email email@example.com.
The best way to keep informed as new information is being released is to follow us on social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin) or sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the webpage).
(If you are looking to apply for the Innovation Grant to produce PPE, click here)
*COVID-RELATED RESEARCH GRANTS*
For information about federal research grants (SBIR and more), please visit our Federal Research Grant page
*LIST OF PPE CRITICAL SUPPLIES*
If you need PPE for your business, here is a running list of Hawaii manufacturers producing PPE.
CLICK HERE FOR THE LIST
Please remember to support our Hawaii businesses and BUY LOCAL! If you are searching for PPE that is not available locally, let us know and we can help identify a supplier from our MEP National Network.
If you are a Hawaii manufacturer producing PPE and not on this list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
* Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
– Obtain the latest updates on the development of COVID-19, as well as public and health safety information
– A portal for public information provided by the U.S. government related to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
* Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers (Memorandum)
– Helps you decide if your workers are essential to continued critical infrastructure viability
* Chamber of Commerce Hawaii
– Representing the voice of Hawaii small businesses and challenges posed by COVID-19
ECONOMIC RELIEF / AID
* SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program vs. Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
– Comparison Table by the Hawaii Chamber of Commerce
* SBA Disaster Loan Program
– If you are a small business, file for low-interest working capital loans of up to $2 million from the Small Business Administration (SBA).
– Webinar available here; handouts available for download here
* CARES Act
– Small Business Guide and Checklist prepared by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
– FAQs prepared by U.S. Senate Committee
* Paycheck Protection Program
– An SBA loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the COVID-19 crisis
* Hawaii SBDC
– If you require help with the SBA Disaster Loan Program application, reach out to the Hawaii SBDC
* U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
– The Save Small Business Fund is a grantmaking initiative offering short-term relief for small employers in the United States and its territories. Funded by corporate and philanthropic partners, the Save Small Business Fund is a collective effort to provide $5,000 grants to as many small employers as we can. Applications are NOW OPEN!
– Go to: https://savesmallbusiness.com/ to see if your business qualifies and how to apply.
* First Hawaiian Bank
– Individual and business banking clients can request financial relief online with new financial assistance programs
* USDA: Opportunities for Immediate Relief
– Immediate measures to help rural residents, businesses and communities affected by COVID-19
* The City & County of Honolulu Small Business Relief and Recovery Fund
– Grants up to $10,000 for rent, overhead, utilities, and costs for needed COVID-19 modifications for small businesses will be open. The application portal will open on Monday, May 18 at 12pm.
* State of Hawaii COVID-19 PPE Distribution Program
– The Hawai’i Emergency Management Agency (HI-EMA) will launch a website for independent medical and dental practices, small groups, small hospitals, small businesses, and non-profits to obtain free PPE.
* Hawaii Department of Taxation
– Details on special tax relief for State income taxpayers
* Employee Retention Tax Credit
– A new employee retention tax credit (under the CARES Act) for employers who are closed, partially closed, or experiencing significant revenue losses as a result of COVID-19
* Need legal advice? Remember to secure your complimentary session with the Business Law Corps.
– Sign up here
* Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
– Information on eligibility for FMLA
FACILITIES / WORKPLACE SAFETY MANAGEMENT
Learn how and if COVID-19 poses a threat to your facilities, and steps to undertake for control and prevention of the spread
* Environmental Protection Agency
* Occupational Safety & Health Administration
PRODUCT SUPPLY CHAIN
* U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
– Information and updates on personal protective equipment, food safety, and vaccines for COVID-19
COMPANY / EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT
* CEOs and Covid-19: 10 Steps to Take Now
– Published in the Hawaii Business Magazine
* Guide: Ready Set Reopen for Retailers
* Checklist: Reopening Your Business After COVID-19 Lockdown
* Video: Reopening & Operating Your Retail Business
* Employee COVID-19 Certification Notice – Post this health & safety notice at your worksite and circulate with all of your worksite employees.
* The Right Way to Handle a Positive COVID-19 Case at Work
– Posted by ProService, guides and checklists geared for retail reopening after a lockdown.
Hawaii Foreign-Trade Zone No. 9 has storage space available for foreign and domestic businesses during the pandemic. Warehouse information: https://www.ftz9.org/warehousing-pier-2/features/. If anyone is interested in using the warehouse for storage, please contact Scott Yoshida at email@example.com.