The DCIL has been extended for another two years, up until June 30, 2024!
We are currently working with the existing companies to confirm their continued participation in the program – there will be no updates until June 30, 2022.
If you are a customer with any of our participating companies, you will be notified accordingly by the company if there are next steps for you to take. Contact us at email@example.com with any other questions.
The Digital Currency Innovation Lab (DCIL) will position Hawaii at the forefront of financial technology innovation
and spur technology-based economic development in the State.
In partnership with the Hawaii Division of Financial Institutions (DFI), this program is expected to:
* Create economic opportunities for Hawaii through early adoption of digital currency
* Offer consumer protection by providing guidance to issuers of digital currency
* Provide data to shape legislation supporting digital currency
To re-watch past DCIL Webinars, visit HERE.
A collaboration between Worldwide Walls (POW! WOW!) and MakersPlace!
*March 2020 – August 2021*
View Online | Download PDF
There are a total of 15 cryptocurrency-based companies in the DCIL,
ranging from exchanges to brokerages, payment platforms and ATM networks.
For the full list, click HERE.
Participate in the DCIL through one of our engagement opportunities:
|Grow your knowledge in cryptocurrencies through our partners
* RSVP for upcoming webinars
* Tune into previous educational sessions
|Leverage cryptocurrencies as alternative means of payments or funding
* Accept cryptocurrencies as a business
* Fundraise with crypto
|Network with some of the crypto experts, proponents and enthusiasts in Hawaii
|Share your perspectives on cryptocurrencies
* Complete our feedback form
* Participate in our roundtables (more details coming soon!)
A Snapshot of Digital Currency Activity
(Customers in Hawaii)
Click on “Full Screen” mode (last icon in bottom gray bar of chart) to view interactive chart
For any press or media queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 17, 2020 – Hawaii launches first sandbox for digital currency
- August 19, 2020 – Hawaii digital currency sandbox announces first cohort of participants
- January 25, 2021 – Hawaii’s digital currency sandbox seeking to expand the playing field
- May 12, 2021 – Bypassing the bitcoin blockade (Hawaii Business Magazine)
- May 24, 2021 – Interview with Commissioner Iris Ikeda (Radio Show “Play it Safe at 6”)
- June 18, 2021 – Hawaii’s digital currency lab announces second cohort of participants
- July 21, 2021 – Bytemarks Cafe: The Digital Currency Sandbox and Cryptocurrency
- October 20, 2021 – Hawaii’s DCIL Announces “NFT For Good” Initiative
- November 1, 2021 – Capitol Connection: ‘NFT For Good’ to Benefit Local Artists, Community
- November 3, 2021 – KITV4: Local mural artists to sell their colorful creations as NFTs
- November 17, 2021 – Bytemarks Cafe: Artwork & NFTs (Hawaii Public Radio | Start at 7:37)
- November 22, 2021 – Hawaii’s top bank regulator looks to pave the way for crypto acceptance in the Islands (Spectrum News)
Check out our list of FAQs!
Have a question not answered? Email us at email@example.com
1. No acceptance of application shall be perceived as, or constitute any endorsement of an applicant. No denial shall be perceived as, nor constitute any repudiation of an applicant. Applications which have potentially predatory, unfair, or deceptive features, pose undue risks to consumers, or institutions, or are inconsistent with the policies of this program, will not be permitted into the program. HTDC does not approve, endorse, nor prioritize any particular applicant within this program.
2. Application approval is at HTDC’s discretion. Applicants do not have any rights or privileges. HTDC has the full discretion to accept or reject applications and there is no right to due process in this program. There is no contested case or appeals process, and no contractual rights or contractual remedies.
3. HTDC has the authority to suspend, revoke, and/or terminate any application or participation in the program on any, or even no, basis. No explanation is required. HTDC is not subject to any prior precedent, reliance, or guarantee.
4. Data, Privacy, Confidentiality and Limitation of Liability. This application form is provided for government-authorized use only. Unauthorized or improper use of the system the application form resides on may result in civil and criminal penalties. By submitting this application form, the PARTICIPANT understands and consents to the following:
A) The PARTICIPANT has no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communications or data transiting or stored on this information system; and is hereby notified that any information provided could become publicly available data.
B) HTDC is a government entity and subject to applicable Freedom of Information Act and Uniform Information Practices Act provisions. Therefore, it might be required to disclose documents if requested; and it may disclose information to other government agencies, as provided by law. However, any documents or data made or received by any member or employee of the corporation shall not be a public record to the extent that the material or data: (1) Consists of trade secrets; (2) Consists of commercial or financial information regarding the operation of any business conducted by the applicant for, or recipient of, any form of assistance HTDC is empowered to render; or (3) Relates to the competitive position of that applicant in a particular field of endeavor.
C) Limitation on Liability. Chapters 661, HRS, or any other law to the contrary notwithstanding, the PARTICIPANT does not have any obligation, debt, claim, cause of action, claim for relief, charge, or any liability of any kind whatsoever in favor or any person or entity, against the State, HTDC, its board members, or its officers or employees, without regard to whether that person or entity receives any benefits under this chapter. The State, HTDC, and its officers and employees shall not be liable for the results of any investment, purchase of securities, loan, transaction or other assistance provided pursuant to HTDC’s actions.