Sunrise Webinar Series on Intellectual Property SBIR (Oahu, Maui, Big Island)
Event DetailsFor small businesses currently participating in the federal government’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) or Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs, understanding intellectual property (IP)—including patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and copyrights—is necessary to protect your ideas, products, and product names in today’s knowledge economy. This series of seven 90-minute webinars, organized by the USPTO and the U.S. Small Business Administration, has been designed to specifically address the most common IP issues facing small businesses funded by the SBIR and STTR programs. They not only cover all aspects of IP protection, but will also help you understand your IP data rights under the SBIR/STTR grant or contract.
Please note these webinars are open only to small businesses currently engaged in either Phase 1 or Phase 2 of the SBIR/STTR programs.
Registration is required:
Click here to RSVP for HONOLULU event
Click here to RSVP for KIHEI event
Click here to RSVP for KAILUA-KONA event
Series of (7) 90-minute webinars:
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019: Overview: U.S. Intellectual Property Rights and the SBIR-STTR Stakeholders Presenter: Henry Wixon, Chief Counsel, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Wednesday, August 14, 2019: Trademarks in the U.S. for SBIR-STTR Stakeholders
- Thursday, August 15, 2019: The International Trademark Portfolio for SBIR-STTR Stakeholder Presenter: Susan Anthony, Attorney, Global Intellectual Property Academy, USPTO
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019: Basic US Patent Practice for SBIR-STTR Stakeholders
- Wednesday August 21, 2019: Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) and Hague Strategies for Filing Abroad for SBIR-STTR Stakeholders
- Thursday, August 22, 2019: Intermediate/Advanced US Patent Practice for SBIR-STTR Stakeholders Presenter: Oleg Asanbayev, Patent Examiner, USPTO
- Tuesday, August 27, 2019: Copyright (Domestic and International) for SBIR-STTR Stakeholders Presenter: Susan Anthony, Attorney, Global Intellectual Property Academy, USPTO
If you need an auxiliary aid/service or other accommodation due to a disability, contact Dave Molinaro at 808-587-1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Requests made early will allow adequate time to fulfill your request. Upon request, this notice is available in alternate formats such as large print, Braille, or electronic copy.
Tuesday, Aug 13, 2019 - Tuesday, Aug 27, 2019
7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Oahu, Maui, Big Island
Various, Various, HI