Trademark Basics: What Every Small Business Should Know Now, Not Later
Event DetailsWant to start a business the right way and grow it to success? A strong trademark or brand name is a key to business success. It protects and sets your business apart from competitors. Join this FREE seminar and learn about trademark basics from the expert. Jason Lott, USPTO Attorney Advisor for Trademark Educational Outreach will discuss:
- Difference between trademark, patent, copyright, domain name, and business name
- Key to creating a protectable trademark
- Importance of a comprehensive trademark search
- Registering your trademark with the USPTO
- How to get free and reduced-price legal assistance
- Benefits of federal trademark registration
Program will be held in the Hawaii State Library first floor Reading Room.
If you need an auxiliary aid/service or other accommodation due to a disability, please contact the library at least 7 days prior to the program date. We will make every attempt to fulfill all requests for accommodations. All programs are subject to change. For a list of upcoming library events, visit www.librarieshawaii.org/events.
Thursday, Jul 11, 2019
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Hawaii State Library – First Floor Reading Room
478 South King Street, Honolulu, HI