HTDC Fiscal Specialist
By HTDC.org Hawaii • April 26, 2018
The Hawaii Technology Development Corporation is a State agency whose mission is to create economic development through growing the technology and innovation sectors. Under the direction of the Controller, the HTDC Fiscal Specialist is responsible for general accounting, budgetary duties, reporting activities, and provides support in the areas of fiscal, procurement, human resources and administration.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Input and review data in the State’s accounting system
• Prepare journal vouchers as needed
• Create and maintain accounting worksheets/reports
• Maintain financial information for federally funded projects and prepare reports as required
• Assist in preparing budget requests, schedules and forms for Legislative session
• Monitor status of quarterly allotments and prepare allotment requests
• Prepare various State required reports
• Respond to inquiries from outside State entities
Core Competencies Must have knowledge in accounting principles and practices. Must have excellent math skills. Experience in State of Hawaii systems a plus. An analytical thinker with good problem-solving skills and good judgement who can work independently, plan, organize, and carry out a broad range of clerical/fiscal/budgetary functions. Maintain accurate fiscal records, work well under pressure as well as with others. Ability to communicate well with all levels of people and work in confidentiality. The office works in a fast-paced environment and occasionally requires working overtime at night and weekends. HTDC is a small agency so working in a team environment is a must.
Personal or desktop computer proficient including internet, email, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with State procedures, Office 365 and Sharepoint is desired.
Minimum two (2) years of accounting experience. Familiarity with the State accounting system is desired. Graduation from an accredited 4-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or similar is required. Education and experience may be substituted for each other on a year-for-year basis, subject to review and acceptance by the HTDC Executive Director.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org