MEP Project Engineer
By HTDC.org Hawaii • April 26, 2018
INNOVATE Hawaii, a program of the Hawaii Technology Development Corporation, a State of Hawaii agency responsible for encouraging the growth and development of the high technology industry in Hawaii, is seeking a Project Engineer for its Manufacturing Extension Partnership program. The Project Engineer position is primarily responsible for providing direct consulting and training to small- and medium-sized manufacturers, and value-added businesses, including tech-based companies.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Work with MEP staff to provide various engineering and technical support for manufacturers and tech-based/SBIR companies
• Support with planning, installing, and monitoring equipment to evaluate energy and environmental conditions in a manufacturing facility
• Manage and direct consultants and sub-contractors to complete required scope of work
• Supplement MEP staff with organizing, promoting, and conducting seminars and workshops for manufacturers
• Establish and maintain appropriate status reports and records relative to program activities
• Stay informed of current developments and trends in the fields of engineering, manufacturing and related technologies
Core Competencies Implements the functions and responsibilities of the INNOVATE Hawaii program; reads and comprehend laws, rules, and regulations; analyzes facts and issues; recommends solutions to complex and sensitive problems/situations; and deals tactfully with the client’s employees and others. Possesses broad-based knowledge and experience in LEAN manufacturing operations and technology, or other industry as outlined in section above. Must have strong oral and written communication, planning, organizational, and business management skills. Ability to communicate well with all levels of people and work in confidentiality. The office works in a fast-paced environment and occasionally requires working overtime at night and weekends. HTDC is a small agency so working in a team environment is a must.
Personal or desktop computer proficient including internet, email, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with State procedures and Office 365 is desired.
Bachelor degree from an accredited university in business, marketing, engineering or material science. Experience in implementing manufacturing principles and methods including Lean manufacturing, business consulting or marketing is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com