NELHA 2nd Energy Storage Conference
Event DetailsThe Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority (NELHA) invites your participation in the second NELHA Energy Storage Conference.
The State of Hawaii is striving to reach 100% clean energy by 2045. In doing so, it is securing a position of leadership in the clean energy economy, including the use of energy storage to address increasing amounts of variable resources brought into the grid. This conference will bring together experts from US National Laboratories, academia, government and industry to present energy storage technologies and applications and consider opportunities and challenges.
In addition to examining world and national trends, this event will focus on Hawaii issues and opportunities. The event will also focus on resiliency in force majeure situations of geophysical and atmospheric nature. The meeting will include presentations by leaders in the field as well as site visits to installations.
- Present the latest information on the state of energy storage, grid reliability and resiliency;
- Assess and compare progress of energy storage demonstrations and implementations in Hawaii with those in other parts of the country;
- Discuss resiliency in force majeure situations;
- Examine the economics of energy storage;
- Discuss opportunities for projects within the State of Hawaii, the Island of Hawaii; and
- Discuss regulatory and policy issues affecting the implementation of energy storage in Hawaii.
Wednesday, Dec 05, 2018 - Thursday, Dec 06, 2018
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
78-128 Ehukai Street , Kailua-Kona,