Manoa Innovation Center
Manoa Innovation Center is located at
2800 Woodlawn Dr, Honolulu, HI 96822
Maui Research & Technology Center
Maui Research & Technology Center is located at
590 Lipoa Parkway, Kihei, HI 96753
Neighbor Island Innovation Initiative (NI3)
NI3 provides business mentoring to startup and small companies to achieve its next growth level. The advantage of this program is that the assistance is provided at no-cost to the company. Mentors on Kauai Island and Hawaii Island meet when and where it is convenient for the company. NI3 helps eliminate the challenge of access to resources because of their location. Distance on neighbor islands can be challenging for companies to get access to resources and this program helps to eliminate that challenge.
Company criteria for NI3 assistance
- Companies must be involved in developing new technologies or utilizing technology as a core of their business
- Companies must have fewer than 16 employees
- Annual revenue less than $1M
- Age of company not a factor
- Company must be registered in the state
INNOVATE Hawaii assists manufacturers looking to improve their business and are willing to invest time, and resources to grow their company. INNOVATE Hawaii builds the strength and competitiveness of Hawaii manufacturers through an array of programs and services, including coaching and training, consulting, collaboration-focused industry programs, and grant opportunities.
The team includes experienced business professionals with skills in manufacturing systems and methods, strategic planning and implementation, business development, process analysis, and technology commercialization. Technical assistance, training, and consulting services to manufacturers are available to program participants. INNOVATE Hawaii administers the Manufacturing Assistance Program Grant (MAP) and the Hawaii Small Business Innovation Research Grant (HSBIR).
INNOVATE Hawaii offers a FREE one-hour consultation on the first Tuesday of every month! Email email@example.com to reserve your spot.
Examples of services
- growth planning
- cost control and reduction
- technology deployment
- skill development
- quality system analysis
- process analysis and improvement
- facility design and layout
- world-class manufacturing initiatives
- Export assistance
Funding to support R&D and Manufacturing
INNOVATE Hawaii administers HTDC's grant programs.
The Hawaii Small Business Innovation Research grant (HSBIR) provides matching grants to help companies further the development of new products to solve critical issues. The Manufacturing Assistance Program (MAP) offers Hawaii-based manufacturers up to a 20% reimbursement (up to $100,000) on qualified expenses for expansion or becoming energy efficient. Click on the buttons below to learn more
INNOVATE Hawaii seeks Business Consultants
INNOVATE Hawaii Seeks applications for various business consulting services needed to support INNOVATE Hawaii's program throughout FY2018-2019. Applications will be accepted July 10, 2017 - June 30, 2019. Click here for more details and to download an application.
Hawaii Center For Advanced Transportation Technologies (HCATT)
HCATT is a federally funded project administered by HTDC. HCATT’s projects combine demonstration and integration of multiple renewable energy technologies to inform Air Force requirements and concepts of operation. Working with industry, and local and federal government, HCATT supports the development of ready installations, resilient environmental infrastructure and reliable energy in Hawaii and the Pacific Region.
HCATT receives federal funding support from the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), through its Advanced Power and Technology Office (APTO).
Contact the HCATT office to schedule an information session for individuals or groups. Learn more about Hawaii’s high tech renewable energy efforts.
- Fuel Cell Hybrid Step Van featuring on-board power generation, Enova Systems electric drive system, Hydrogenics fuel cell power module, Hawker Advanced lead acid battery, and hydrogen storage tanks.
- Flightline Maintenance Support Vehicle, a Ford Ranger Electric Pick-up with Siemens AC induction motor, Panasonic NiMH battery pack, utility bed conversion by CTC, Hydrogenics fuel cell power module, hydrogen storage tanks, J-Air compressor for pneumatic tools & light mast, 120VAC circuits plus retractable extension cord, 240VAC circuit for light bar, and pneumatic light mast assembly.
- Fuel Cell Hybrid Aircraft Tow Vehicle with on-board power generation Enova Systems Hydrogenics fuel cell power module, Hawker Advanced lead acid battery, and hydrogen storage tanks.
- Fuel Cell Powered Light Cart featuring a metal hydride-based hydrogen storage system. This project was initiated in early 2007 as a proof of concept for an application based on AB5 metal hydride technology. Metal hydrides act as “hydrogen sponges” and reversibly absorb large amounts of hydrogen.